What Is a Principal Tutor?
We have a combination of part-time and full-time tutors at Signet, all of whom are amazing! Our principal tutors make up the latter group.
Principal tutors are career professionals who eat, sleep, and breathe tutoring. They also receive additional training and mentorship beyond the thorough onboarding and training that all our tutors receive.
Here’s what else makes our principal tutors so special:
- They are subject matter experts who are at the top of their class in their subjects
- They are extremely flexible and responsive, as they are dedicated to Signet full-time
- They frequently collaborate behind the scenes to give their students the best possible experience
College admissions consultants like Alison work one-on-one with students and their families to navigate the college application process from beginning to end. They offer advice and guidance on:
- College selection
- Strategic application targeting
- Personal and supplemental essays
- And more!
Get To Know Alison
Alison has nearly two decades of experience working in selective college admissions.
A graduate of Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in Anthropology and Accounting, she is a current member of the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) and the Missouri Association for College Admission Consulting (MOACAC).
Alison began her career in Admissions at Washington University in St. Louis, where she was the Senior Associate Director of Admissions for nearly 12 years. (She has read thousands of college applications!)
For the last seven years, she has been a college counselor at Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School in Missouri. In this role, she helped 30-40 senior students each year navigate course selection, extracurriculars, college lists, standardized testing, college essays, and college applications. With her expert guidance, many of these students were accepted to prestigious universities.
Signet’s clients and students know Alison to be friendly, knowledgeable, and meticulously organized. Like our other principal tutors, she is student-centered and holistic in her counseling.
Her unique experience has made her a true expert on how applications are read at selective colleges while giving her deep insight into what the process of applying to college is like for students and their families.
Other Principal Tutors on Our Team
While you’re learning more about Alison, why not get to know some of our other principal tutors?
- Andrew F. has tutored and taught for over a decade, specializing in test prep, coaching, and humanities. He loves decoding tests (especially grammar sections) with students.
- Liz M. worked with Big Brothers Big Sisters for 10 years and specializes in younger students. She’s also a certified mindfulness trainer.
- Jas D. is a test prep and classics/history tutor who published a thesis on the misconceptions of literacy during the early Roman empire and modeling a classic education in modern schools.
- Freddy L. has logged an impressive 1,000+ hours of tutoring time with our students. He is our most experienced academic coach and also specializes in Spanish.
Interested in working with one of our wonderful principal tutors? Contact us today to start the conversation.